Nov. 27, 2013 – Blasting to prepare for the new tunnel in the east end of Louisville is scheduled to occur near the intersection of U.S. 42 and KY 841 during the week of December 2.
The dates and approximate times (within 15 minutes) will be:
- Monday, December 2, at about 11:30 a.m. and again at about 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 3, at about 11:30 a.m. and again at about 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4, at about 11:30 a.m. and again at about 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, December 5, at about 11:30 a.m. and again at about 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, at about 11:30 a.m. and again at about 2:15 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7, at about 12 noon (tentative)
Prior to each blast, traffic must be stopped for five to twenty minutes for the safety of the workers and the traveling public. Traffic stops during the blasts will occur on KY 841 between Wolf Pen Branch Road and U.S. 42, and on U.S. 42 between Wolf Pen Branch Road and Bridgepointe Boulevard. In the event of unfavorable weather or other unforeseen activities, blast times may occasionally change. If any such changes occur, they will be posted on www.kyinbridges.com, on Twitter @eastendcrossing and at www.facebook.com/ohiorivereastendcrossing.
NOTE: A message will be posted on the project website at www.kyinbridges.com Thursday of each week regarding the anticipated blasting schedule for the following week. Pre-blast surveys are ongoing; no blasting will occur within 500 feet of any residence prior to the completion of a pre-blast survey for that residence.